The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Securing the AH (AJ) bonnet
The two upper halves of the bonnet on my AH (AJ) tourer appear to have no means of being secured to the strut that goes from scuttle to radiator shell (the one that holds the horn).  Each bonnet half has even length hinges through which the rod goes but unlike my Pearl does not have shorter ones towards the middle to allow for a short tube with a welded bolt on.  The strut appears to have a hole waiting for such a bolt.  Without one the only things securing the bonnet are the side catches.  Any ideas?
Sounds correct for that model Robin.
That's the way my AJ is - no issues so far.

Ian
I'm not familiar with the tourers, but my RP saloon's bonnet is secured only by its bonnet catches. The centre hingepin fits into an eye formed into the back of the radiator support strut where it bolts to the scuttle and then rests on a semi-circular indentation at the front.
Thanks to everyone.  My 27 top hat has a bolt so I had assumed that the practice would have continued into later cars.  Good to know that it is still secure.