The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book

Hi all new to Austin 7, A quick question which is the best book to buy for maintenance of my 7
Thanks Andrew
I would recommend "The Austin Seven Manual" by Doug Woodrow. as well as the sage advice of the forum members. By the way, nice RP, but your starting handle should sit horizontally to the offside not vertically. It may be due to wear in the nosepiece, but you can sort it by a bungee strap fastened to one of the cow horns.
Andrew, Welcome to Sevening! I agree with everything that Reckless Rat has said. I should add that, if the starting handle is not at 9 o'clock when running, (a) it will jingle and (b) oil will run out of the nosepiece when the car is parked downhill. My RP does exactly this.
I agree with Mr Reckers “Austin Seven Manual”

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Looks to be an exceptionally good example - and so well worth keeping on the top of.
Thank you all for the replies, that was going to be my next question how I get the starting handle to stay at 9 o'clock.

The car was fully restored in 2015 and never hardly used .
£57 for that book does that sound about right??
Yes, the price is right.

It is an essential book,  but you are expected to know quite a lot about what you are doing, whilst using it.

Please do not hesitate to ask what seem like stupid questions- we have all been there, and don't mind answering them.
(23-10-2019, 12:07 PM)David Stepney Wrote: Andrew, Welcome to Sevening! I agree with everything that Reckless Rat has said. I should add that, if the starting handle is not at 9 o'clock when running, (a) it will jingle and (b) oil will run out of the nosepiece when the car is parked downhill. My RP does exactly this.

Recycling a redundant dog collar.

Attached Files
.jpg   S025I001.JPG (Size: 160.15 KB / Downloads: 262)
Good evening. What an attractive motor car. However is the nearside headlamp the correct LB130 or an L131 as fitted to Mk2 Rubies?

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart