The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with fitting Double Valve Springs & Collets
Ouch. Hope you heal quickly. Angle grinders are very dangerous tools and need treating with healthy respect. And yes, I have a scar too!

Dave, when you say a 'sports' block, is it a standard block which has been ported or an original Austin sports chromidium type? If the latter, frankly I wouldn't run it on a Ruby, and certainly not with an LC head. I only fitted an LC head once but struggled to get my Nippy over 40mph with it (normally capable of 60+)

As others have said, double springs are only of real interest for a sports car, singles limit your revs to perhaps 4500 or 5000 rpm. I always understood the principle is that the springs resonate at different frequencies so at least one will be doing its job at any given moment. I use double springs myself, but then I have a 'bottom end' which is set up to take the rpm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with fitting Double Valve Springs & Collets - by Chris KC - 04-10-2019, 11:32 PM