Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 speed throwout bearing spring/springs
Greeting from the colonies. Looking to purchase either new or used a spring or springs that are necessary to install a 4 speed Austin throwout bearing.

Any help would be appreciated. Arnie
I am not familiar with the term throwought bearing; are you talking about the clutch thrust bearing return spring? This would be part no BJ43 on page 34 of the early Ruby parts list which can be found on  http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploads/PL_1218.pdf. If this is not the right thing may I suggest you consult the parts lists on the A7CA website archive to find the one you do need, and let us know. I do have a spring such as I describe.
Robert Leigh
As linked to by Robert, here's the Austin Early Ruby Parts List - Clutch - page 34 showing the springs BJ43 and BJ40. Both springs are usually stocked as new parts by 'A7 Components', although BJ43 is currently showing as being 'Out Of Stock'.

.png   Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 16.24.48.png (Size: 723 KB / Downloads: 89)

Link below to 'A7 Components' spare parts catalogue - scroll down the page to the 'Transmission' section 'Flywheel & Clutch' - as shown below, both springs BJ40 and BJ43 are listed in the catalogue.

https://www.a7c.co.uk/spares.php 

.png   Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 16.27.36.png (Size: 85.99 KB / Downloads: 87)
Thanks for the two replies. Here in the US we refer to the clutch thrust bearing as the throwout bearing. My error for using the incorrect nomenclature. What I am in need of is BJ43 spring and maybe the BJ40 collar. Thanks again  Arnie
Hi Arnie,

It would seem from what he's said that Robert Leigh has a BJ43 spring available. The BJ40 withdrawal collar spring you could order from David Cochrane at A7 Components Ltd - sales@a7c.co.uk.

Jeff.
Hi Robert: I would be interested in purchasing the spring you have. Probably the biggest detail to payment would be working out the payment details. I have Euros or Paypal available. Regards: Arnie 1012 5th St East Altoona, Wisconsin 54720-2060  USA
I sent you a private message suggesting email as the easiest way to discuss things. Have you seen it?
Robert