The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTC Special
I've realised that this year marks the 40th anniversary of the RTC Special body. It must be one of the longest continually produced Austin 7 Special bodies unless anyone knows any different?
I better start planning a very special body for the 50th Anniversary!!

Its also quite rare that I get sent photos of finished cars so if any of you RTC owners want to post a photo or email me one that would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart Roach
Here is one from the first year of manufacture, the tenth produced...

Hi Stuart 

There are two RTC Mk1 racing in the Bert Hadley Championship road class.  My car 141 and Ian Bennet 140, as Ian has a supercharger so he is a bit quicker.

A question for you how many RTC bodies have been produced with the curved back and is it possible to find out which number the body is?

Prescott 2019

.jpeg   029D2D75-D98F-46E5-8B73-86C35926A1DF.jpeg (Size: 195.18 KB / Downloads: 912)
Thumbs Up 
Awesome, thank for the photos Ruairidh and Douglas.

Douglas if there isn't a body number plate tacked to the framework then there is no real way of telling.

Cheers

Stuart
RTC Body 004

Here are a few photos of my RTC made in 1987 with a body number of 004, OSU582 it is  unusual in that it has two opening doors and is a 4 seater, although you would struggle to get two adults in the rear. There is piles of storage space on the rear seat so it's a great car for using on rallies etc.

It's a credit to Roach, the engine was built by an enthusiast with a great deal of care, with a Phoenix crank, lightened and balanced flywheel ported block, pigsty cam and full flow oil system with spin on filter, HC head SU carb ALR inlet manifold all the go faster bits ! It goes really well and is a delight to drive.

One of the previous owners is pictured on a rally in Yorkshire, he produced the lovely RTC logo'ed wheel centres and put in the huge array of instruments in as his father had been in the aircraft industry.

A previous owner had drilled a hole in the bonnet, but I'm not sure what the plan was, to effect a repair on such a flat panel would have been difficult so I have effected a repair which is shown in one of the photos.

The car was fitted with a wedge under the steering box, but by the time I purchased the car the steering box housing had broken in two places and was making forward motion difficult ! I purchased one of Dave Cochrane's Ulster steering box housings and this transformed the steering and is a much better way of solving the angled of the steering box.

She is just being fitted with a new hood, & tonneau as the original made in Wigan cloth was beginning to get tired.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi, mine says car no.17

ID plate is on the bulkhead, highlighted in red in picture. Not sure of all the details on it. Each body panel originally (1986) had No.17 written on it in marker pen.

.jpg   IDplate.jpg (Size: 145.93 KB / Downloads: 545)
There were a couple of Mk3 RTC's out on the VSCC Cotswold Trial at the weekend, they make very effective trials cars.

Anyone got any pictures please of RTC Specials speed hillclimbing, sprinting or racing?

Thanks
Mike
See below
[/url]
https://vintageman.zenfolio.com/?q=rtc

Click on a thumbnail to get a full size picture

[url=https://vintageman.zenfolio.com/?q=RTC]