The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propshalft UJ's and rear diff... Seven Special GN312
Hi Matt

You've got a nice chassis for a special which doesn't look to have any rust or twist (might be worth checking these!)

The rear axle is, I think, one that you can easily change ratios (but at a price! as Chris has said)

As others have said the front spring is quite flat but is coupled to a straight axle.  As Simon has said you may have problems with the spring bottoming especially if you are a bit energetic with your driving! and you may need to have your axle "bent".  It is quite possible that when you investigate the king pins the eyes on the axle will need to be shrunk.  In which case Ruairidh does a great job at both shrinking the eyes and bending axles.

I notice you have Bowdonex brake cables on the front.  This was a common modification in the 50's and I believe does improve the braking.

Are you a member of a club?  If so ask some members round for a pint and you'll get lots more detailed info for the cost of a few beers!

Cheers

Howard

Messages In This Thread
RE: Propshalft UJ's and rear diff... Seven Special GN312 - by Howard Wright - 16-09-2019, 05:56 PM