The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The chance of new crankshafts and rod etc
I am interested to know more Tony, are these counterbalanced Billet cranks or basically to normal A7 design? As I understand it one of the advantages of the hip forged cranks we have been enjoying since the advent of the Allen cranks is how the grain of the steel forging flows with the shape of the crank. I am no expert in these matters but are these advantages lost if going back to a billet crank or am I missing important considerations? If of course they are counterbalanced the bending cycles will be greatly reduced. I am also interested in why you are going for 1 5/16" shells, again I may be missing important considerations but the current 1 1/2" cranks have a greater beam strength going to 1 5/16" seems a backward step unless again something like counterbalancing is in the mix?
PS I am not trying to pick holes in what you are proposing, I am excited by the prospect of a step forward, I am just trying to understand the advantages from a lay mans point of view.
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
RE: The chance of new crankshafts and rod etc - by Ian Williams - 14-09-2019, 09:26 PM