Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AD Chummy 1927/8 & RK saloon 1929
        I have run out of space and need to reduce my stable of Sevens! The AG is still "work in progress" & I think will be a keeper so the Chummy & the RK may have to go. . Both these cars I found on the west coast of the USA having been imported in the mid 80's (AD) & early 90's (RK). I have had a lot of fun ( & a good few bills!) getting them into shape. Both had been restored before they went out...one to Seattle, one to San Francisco and had sympathetic owners. I have rewired both with correct armoured cable, fettled brakes & carburation (including clearing out fuel tanks so they now drive more than 5 miles without spluttering to a stop! I did 50 miles the other day in the Chummy without any trouble. I have got rid of all the Phillips & Posi headed self tappers and purged the Unified bolts! Both cars are on their original Registration Numbers & have some interesting history files and all the import documentation is done, of course... It was an interesting learning curve! They both drive very nicely and pretty lustily. Oil pressure is as it should be and the dynamos work well. Both cars have new batteries, the RK new tyres all round.

STOP PRESS AGAIN! The Chummy is being treated to new TRE and King Pins & bushes this week and it's hood is being "tided up" by the trimmer (worn stitching replaced) and a hood bag being made (copied from an original!) The eagle eyed among you may notice the Chummy has no lamps...it now has a pair of excellent correct lamps! Price guide...I would like about £12750
If you are interested send me a PM & we can take it from there, the AD is near Stratford on Avon, the RK near Burford. The RK has (I am pretty sure from the numbers) it's original engine, but does have some paint cracking and I would like close to £11250 for it!.
PM me for more details & pictures
Bit the bullet and the RK is in Brightwells auction next week! Great little car that will give someone a lot of fun. It had not run for a month & started as soon as I remembered that the "Ign" lever worked  backwards....Advance is Retard!
The Chummy is now just about "done" I had the hood re-stiched and have now fitted the correct headlights! The N/s kingpin was not in great shape (it tried to escape vertically!) so new king pins, new track rods, new brake linings and pivots...what an improvement! Amazing that before all this it really drove pretty well!