The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
Hello again,
Yes, I know! I should stop working on this little thing but... Well!
After the wiper has successfully been reanimated, I concentrated on some weak points that might also have an influence on speed and reliabilty. I realized that the valve unit was not really air tight and so I polished the surface of the body (the part the valve moves) and - in case that it could not be flattened properly - prepared an additional brass surface that can be put into the valve unit to have a flat surface again (will be glued in, you can see it in the photo, still without the three necessary holes). Then I assembled the gadget and... speed increased drastically. This was also achieved by sealing the brass pipes that go into the valve unit. Normally they should seal themselves because the holes are conical... or at least were conical. Now they are widened and this can only be solved by using sealant.

[Image: Manual_Lucas_Wiper_Motor_024.jpg]
Although it is hard to see, the polished surface of the valve unit and the "spare surface" made of polished brass.

Because I had spent so much time on the wiper I went a step further and stripped of the paint and removed the logo so that everything can be properly repainted.

[Image: Manual_Lucas_Wiper_Motor_023.jpg]

I will keep you updated...

Kind regards
Frank

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe - by Frank Stoll - 04-10-2019, 01:47 PM