The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
Hello again,
Although the perfect washers / seals can be found on the homepage mentioned by Dave, I could not order them, simply because I am not a member of the club that runs the homepage... So, I have to work with the stuff I have got. I wanted to wait until I have my autumn holidays but while drinking a lovely Bavarian beer and holding the bottle cap in my hand, I wondered whether the cap could be used to fill the inside of the new and slightly thicker seal.... That was the moment where I decided that work on the matter had to start now.
To cut a long story short... the bottle cap did fit into the seal but... well, it caused new problems and so I got my compasses, my measuring stick and a piece of brass... some nylon srews (M3 x 10mm) and a drill (3mm). First I got rid of the old rivet...

[Image: Manual_Lucas_Wiper_Motor_018.jpg]

...and then measured the new seal.... 28mm inside, created a round piece of brass the same size and fitted the whole thing. Looked good, so I put it in the cylinder and.... it works... the only question that remains is whether the size of the seals causes problems with the valve unit. We will see.... perhaps tomorrow, while having another lovely Bavarian beer....

[Image: Manual_Lucas_Wiper_Motor_016.jpg]

[Image: Manual_Lucas_Wiper_Motor_017.jpg]

Kind regards
Frank

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe - by Frank Stoll - 17-09-2019, 08:29 PM