The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
Hello David, Hello Geoff,
whatever piece of literature I used... no real answer to my specific questions could be given. Even in the final version of the Handbook for the RP the vacuum wiper is shown. The fact that my inlet manifold has no option to connect the hose is the only thing that makes me tend towards the option "my car never had the vacuum version". 
So the only options remaining, which keep my brain busy:
a) undocumented changes due to the introduction of the Ruby - therefore using the latest equipment (manifold has no hole) 
b) body cannot be used to prove anything because it has already been restored (leaves both options) 
c) the larger cut out above windscreen does not show anything because if latest version of wiper motor fits why should body be changed for the last cars in summer 1934.
d) Replaced inlet, no hole (although body restored), fitted electric motor (condition we bought the car in 1989) electric motor is original
e) Handbook is wrong (why change it for the last models) (drawing of interior + also no electric wiper in the electric wiring plan)

So David is right: "Clearly more research is needed"

Would be great if details like these could be solved (I am proud of being a rivet counter!)

Frank

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe - by Frank Stoll - 19-08-2019, 12:58 PM