The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
How interesting! My car was built in June 1933. I hvae worked this out as it is fitted with the first type Hardy Spicer rear propshaft joint and the Chassis number is within 350 of the change point. The car was registered on 4th July 1933. It must have had a vacuum windscreen wiper originally, as the takeoff is still on the manifold and there is the hole on the nearside of the bulkhead for the pipe.

Before writing my previous post, I looked in Appendix 3 of Wyatt, but, unfortunately, it is silent on the point.

There appear to have been a number of variations on the electrical equipment. For instance, my car was never fitted with semaphore indicators from the factory, but all the '34 cars I have seen were. It appears that these were only fitted at about the time that the synchromesh gearbox became standard in late August '33.

Clearly more research is needed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe - by David Stepney - 19-08-2019, 10:19 AM