The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
(18-08-2019, 07:59 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Frank

You can sometimes find the right leather washers in hardware stores (and even on a well known auction site!).  They are often sold as seals for bicycle hand pumps.

On my RK the pipe runs down the windscreen pillar right across the scuttle and out of a hole close to the choke pull.  There is a push on tube screwed into the inlet manifold.

However I've spent hours trying to get vacuum wipers to work on the RK.  Eventually I gave up.  They only work on overrun down a hill.  Up a hill and they stop.  I seem to remember my Ford 100E did exactly the same and that was a car from the 50's so technology hadn't improved.

Cheers

Howard

I had the same problem with my Mulliner, I put thin grease around the leather washers instead of oil and it then used to work very well...... up hill and down !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe - by Monsdonnet - 18-08-2019, 08:21 AM