The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
Hello!
I have been driving my Austin Seven RP 1934 since 1989 and have always tried to make it as original as possible. One of the things that I never really liked was the electric wiper motor that I would like to replace by a vacuum version. A friend of mine had one on stock and gave it to me for free and so I started this project.
But there are some problems:
1) Finding suitable washers of suitable size and material in Germany is not easy. I contacted Don Breakspear to ask for some new washers but they are not available as single parts and so... well... we will see. Are there any washers available or suitable replacements in form of moderns washers?
2) Attaching the vacuum wiper motor to the windscreen is not a problem but where is the vacuum hose / pipe (what is the correct Englis term for it?) put? Where does it leave the body to reach the inlet manifold and where is it attached to? Are there any photos, technical drawings available?
Looking forward to your answers
Best regards
Frank

Messages In This Thread
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe - by Frank Stoll - 17-08-2019, 11:17 PM