The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blic Magneto earthing on advance...
The Blic mag on my Chummy has performed faultlessly for many years, and many miles, but developed a miss when fully advanced over the summer.

I am told that this is a common fault with Blics and something is earthing as it advances.

Can anyone tell me exactly what is happening and if there exists a fix please?
My suspicion is thus, bit hard to explain without pictures, but I can take some if the following explanation is not making sense.

On A BLIC there is a rotating quadrant which holds the points and is attached to the advance lever, riveted to the back of this quadrant and connected to the points there is a insulated contact block. This block presses against a spring loaded contact which comes through the aluminium front bearing housing of the magneto, the one attached by four CSK screws and housing the earthing wire. The spring loaded contact is riveted behind this housing to an insulated post and in turn connects through to the distributor. I have known these sprung loaded contacts to come loose on their mounting post and short against the side of the front housing.
Black Art Enthusiast
Thank you Ian,

I had been looking in this area but will look again, much appreciated.