The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hearses
Has anyone ever investigated decomissioned hearses for small, low Austin 7 transport? Would any of them be wide enough with a few mods? Phenomenal value...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Cardinal...Sw72JdPImU
Jon = don't know of any Down Under.  But it reminds me of a keen A7 man I know who lives in New Zealand.  He built an Austin 7 hearse - not sure if he's put it to proper use yet.  If I can find a photo I'll ask Ruairidh if he will be so kind to put it up on the Forum.  Watch this space.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
Cor, perhaps funeral traditions are different in Bristol. How does a 24 valve 2.9 litre Cosworth engine cope with extended travelling at walking pace?  Maybe it's actually "Off we go lads, last one to the graveside buys the first round!"
Nothing to do with Patti Smith then...
It doesn't look like there's enough width between the rear arches to accomodate a Seven.
(06-08-2019, 07:53 AM)Steve kay Wrote: Cor, perhaps funeral traditions are different in Bristol. How does a 24 valve 2.9 litre Cosworth engine cope with extended travelling at walking pace?  Maybe it's actually "Off we go lads, last one to the graveside buys the first round!"

I rhink you're on to something there, Steve - it has  Sport Mode, Overdrive and Traction Control!
An ex colleague of mine left £100 in his will to the hearse driver on condition that they exceeded 100mph on his last journey.
Alan Fairless
One of our "bucket list" projects is to build an A7 hearse.

Book now for your Big Day!
Leave it a year or two, Martin. I’m not ready yet.
Alan Fairless
(06-08-2019, 08:53 AM)Martin Prior Wrote: One of our "bucket list" projects is to build an A7 hearse.

Book now for your Big Day!

A friend of fathers in North wasles spent 30 years restoring a stunning original vintage Wolseley hearse. The body was originally horse drawn. 

No idea what happened to it. The gent must be long dead by now