The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raising Brooklands aero screen
Could always go the simple route.

[Image: 4387754806_946da22b5b_c.jpg]
[Image: b6215crop.jpg?itok=DL-qz2zs]
exactly! - but you can't buy those clamp types now - or can you? I've just been looking at the Brooklands largely as they are the most economical.
I think the type on the TT car are Auster screens, I believe the identifying feature is the clamping mechanism but I'm sure others may know more?
ah - thankyou Mark/Austin.

I can see the patterns ARE still sold new
https://www.s-v-c.co.uk/uploaded/thumbna...00x800.jpg
https://www.completeautomobilist.com/cat...-deflector
For just cruising I made a perspex sandwich that slipped over the passenger side brookland screen. It could be removed in seconds but was hardly noticable anyway.
(03-02-2021, 04:35 PM)austin Wrote: Could always go the simple route.

Agree with 'Austin' above, I made up a pair of simple hardwood 'fillets' suitably radiused (to allow for folding flat - which I never did...), wear proper laminated glass goggles (no plastic cheapo lenses) and keep your mouth shut - if possible! Bees and bugs I could manage, it was the nasty piece of sharp road gravel which was the most painful. I am 6' 2'', in a SWB Ulsteroid for 29 years, and enjoyed every single minute of it, come rain or shine. As so many of you have said ENJOY IT!!

[Image: 4387754806_946da22b5b_c.jpg]
[Image: b6215crop.jpg?itok=DL-qz2zs]
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
just re-reading the 'going simple' - presuming with the TT style, one could make a far lighter approximation with a frontal-folding wooden fillet as per Bob's post, restrained at the vertical, and with the plexi panel rebated into the wood? It wouldn't be any less safe than an equivalent 50s plexi screen - and would be exceedingly light. Would the speed of a Seven be fine for say 1cm recessed plexi of 7" height?