The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap wheel rebuild - WARNING!!
(05-10-2017, 12:21 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: Not wishing to hijack this thread, but this enquiry is related. Does anyone have any experience of this chap in Southampton?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUDOR-WHEELS-L...2249901448?

I'm considering having a set of wheels done on my Riley.

Positive comments here, negative ones as a PM would seem best..

thanks in advance...

Hugh, just had an 18inch wheel rebuilt by  Anglia Wheels Did a first-class job - powder coating superb.
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
(05-10-2017, 12:21 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: Positive comments here, negative ones as a PM would seem best..

But then the rest of us only see the positive comments. I was just about to start looking for a company to blast and powder coat 5 wheels, or am I better to paint them?
Everyone has different experiences, mine is positive in this instance - I have used powder coated wheels on hundreds of Sevens in the last 27 years.

The ones on my 'Ulster' have proved very durable over nearly 100'000 miles to date.
Ruairidh, what is a typical price to pay for blasting and powder coating 5 wheels please? And where can you recommend? I'm less than 200 miles south of you.
Les Gammon was offering a service for £25 in the Association Magazine last year - you’d be doing well to beat that price in my experience.

If you cannot find his private ad for it get back to me.
I have had two sets of wheels rebuilt with new rims and spokes, powder coated  by James Wheildon, West Grimstead, Salisbury, SP5. 01722 712701. I was very pleased with the standard of his work and he is very knowledgeable and helpful.

The first set were done over 15 years ago and apart from a few scrapes caused by tyre changing they come up as good as new when cleaned.
Nice set of 17" here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152715949254?s...1555.l2649
(05-10-2017, 06:40 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Les Gammon was offering a service for £25 in the Association Magazine last year - you’d be doing well to beat that price in my experience.

If you cannot find his private ad for it get back to me.

I don't think Les is in a position to offer that service any more..
I am not surprised - remarkable prices don't often last long!
(05-10-2017, 06:55 PM)daveg Wrote: I have had two sets of wheels rebuilt with new rims and spokes, powder coated  by James Wheildon, West Grimstead, Salisbury, SP5. 01722 712701. I was very pleased with the standard of his work and he is very knowledgeable and helpful.

The first set were done over 15 years ago and apart from a few scrapes caused by tyre changing they come up as good as new when cleaned.

I also have used James wheildon, Nick Mouat is now the main man , James has all but retired. I have had 15 wheels done in the last few years and I consider them first class.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.