The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah an old friend returns
It is feeling like I know Mr Williams like an old friend:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Seven-...ctupt=true

I guess that the previous winner of this lovely 'boat tail recreation' turned out to not exist...Never mind, lots of new friends are bidding it up for him.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Is it supposed to be a car or some sort of art installation? It looks to be a disparate load of bits loosely piled together. Are those skis masquerading as front wings?

I suppose that, if it were cheap enough, it might yield some useful parts........
Having seen the pile of sh*te he sold, loosely assembled under the body tub of one of CG's Imps, I doubt even any of the parts would be useful. What I don't understand is why someone with the money to buy the cars on his drive would be messing people about like this.
Hi All

Whilst the seller in question "may be" (legal terms) a serial bodger and charlatan its probably best not to be too dismissive of individuals attempts at special building.  As my mum used to say "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything". So I won't be commenting on the car in question.

However special building is NOT easy, is NOT cheap and is rarely money making!!!  At the end of the day if one's skills exhaust you, you run out of cash and then need some compensation the well known auction site may make some recompense.

13 bidders can't be wrong.... can they?

Cheers

Howard
Hmm, if "Mr Williams" chooses to make publicly accessible the surroundings of the car for sale, then we can be forgiven for looking in detail. Yes, there are some expensive looking pieces of kit, but no indication of ownership. There are also some interesting pieces of work in progress, but none of it peeking out of convincing workshops. Perhaps a certain style of garden ornament is the principal source of income. Talking of gardens, being public on social meeja allows one and all to look at details posted up. Thus, as a friend might point out, if a person was no longer working for an organisation, maybe on gardening leave, and their linkedin profile indicated that they were looking for another job, that would be pretty public. Just a thought,  wholly relating to the gardens of Leeds and ski sales of course. 

Howard, even the most basic special usually needs a steering column and some means of operating clutch, brakes, throttle etc. Thirteen " bidders" sat near "Mr Williams" in the pub certainly can't be wrong if he is buying the beer.

Howard, I can think of no more direct indictment of the dishonesty of the alleged special of "Mr Williams" than the splendid w.i.p. that you have pictured on the What have you been up to today part of the forum!  I can't imagine that the lady behind the camera was laughing, she was calling out Bravo!
Another waterski special. At least the Monza filler cap stayed in place for all the pics in this ad.
No radiator, no steering, no petrol tank, no pedals,no gearbox,no tunnel, no driveshaft, no V5, no chance!
Caveat emptor...
But it does have a battery!
..and ready-to-race tape over the headlamps. A sure-fire selling point.
If I recall about 20 bidders took this one up to about £2500 last time it was for sale a few weeks ago. Same pattern of bidding, same pictures.

Presumably the highest bidder was not able to complete last time.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
This is the buyers feedbackfrom the Gould Imp sale....

Sorry to say that the car was not as described. View before you buy from him.

and Austin 7 Special winter project...

Don't believe a word! Fictional description of how 'complete'; bad communication

The feedback is there to see...