The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First go at a Trial
Hi, a question for any trials competitors out there. I plan to have a go at a 750mc A7 trial next month. I've never competed before, so I'm just hoping to have some fun and learn something!
I've had a look at the regs, and there is one technical requirement that I need some advice on. Could someone please help me on the requirement for extra or "double" throttle return springs. My special is basically mechanically a 1927 chummy with original up-draft zenith bronze carb and original chummy throttle linkage. There is already the standard return spring on the linkage. Do I just need to add an extension return spring onto the carb throttle arm (SU style) to conform?  (Making two springs in total) or do both springs need to be actually on the carb itself?  Thanks for any advice 

Robin
I. Sludge that the second spring should also be capAble to close down the cRb
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
You need to have an extension spring attached to the lever connected to the butterfly spindle. This is in case the linkage comes apart and the standard return spring on the cross-shaft would no longer be operating on the carb.
Just fit a second spring somewhere, shouldn't be difficult.

I used to have a go at PCTs (not in a 7) and found them a great bunch of folks. Got too confident and started to believe my car was unbreakable - bust a diff! Don't spin one wheel, when one starts to slip, lift off - you won't get any further.
Thank you everyone for the quick replies. David, that's exactly what I needed to know. Much appreciated.
Robin where is the next trial, might go and have a look.
To those thinking of having a go - do it!

To those coming along to have a go for the first time - you'll be made very welcome and you should love it.

Next 750MC Trial is on Sunday 29th October at Tulleys Farm in West Sussex. Details here: http://www.750mc.co.uk/trials/production...events.htm

If you want to get a feel for what goes on have a look here: http://www.750mc.co.uk/trials/production-trials.htm
(01-10-2017, 09:20 AM)Douglas Alderson Wrote: Robin where is the next trial, might go and have a look.

Douglas, I was planning to do the Tulley's farm trial that Nick mentions below.
Brilliant Robin, hope you have a great day.

Can anyone confirm whether spectators are welcome? Dad and I would probably attend with our sevens if this is OK.
If spectators are welcome, is it OK to post the event in the calendar?
Dad did MCC trials in his youth, and we really want to get out on the hills again in some way. 
It seems like these trials specifically for Austin Sevens including standard cars may be just the ticket.
Thanks
Spectators are absolutely welcome. And if anyone is willing to help out on the day it could be hugely appreciated by the organisers. Contact Mike Stone as detailed below.

.jpg   Trials leaflet.jpg (Size: 229.01 KB / Downloads: 393)