The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A47 autojumble
Hi all,

I do like to promote a free show etc.

Today we attended the A47 autojumble and car show at thurlaston LEICESTERSHIRE.

Its free entry for classis and vintage cars etc.
Cheap stalls.
And a fiver to public.

They attract something like 200+ old car etc. I'm guessing. It's probably more.
And plenty of public walking around.

It was good to see some of our sevens out, and it would be good to see more at there future events. To promote our cars, and that are still being used today.

Here's a couple of pics, I did miss some sevens. As some would have left early, with the wheather threatening.

I beleive joe had his Ulster rep out, well done. Maybe he took some pics?

Let's have more sevens at this event, I think the next one is the August bank holiday.

[attachment=6603]

[attachment=6604]

[attachment=6605]
Hi Tony

I'd echo your thoughts although I've not been the best example today as we had family with us and they just don't all fit in the RK.

We went to the Abergavenny Steam, Veteran and Vintage Rally.  Its a lovely friendly show right in the heart of Abergavenny but I counted only four Sevens.  A nice Mk1 Ruby, an even nicer Ruby van which looks as if it is used on a regular basis, a well finished Ulster rep and (my favourite) a superb "Rochdale" special (pic below).

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Love the reg,

I do beleive the future of our cars. is getting them out to shows etc, and show they are useable.

Rather than just museum pieces.

Tony.
The Motoring Dog and I have spent the last two days at our local show, the Llanuwchllyn Festival of Transport, which is held just the other end of Bala Lake from me.

Being held by the Meirionnydd Vintage Tractor and Engine Club, there were an awful lot of tractors there, some of them very interesting, For instance   '60's French Vierzon vineyard tractor and a 1938 Series A Ferguson.

There were more classic cars on the Sunday than today, no doubt due to the fact that the weather was not exactly kind over the weekend, but there were about a dozen cars that were their both days including my own Seven

Only one other Seven turned up, but there were some other interesting cars, including a pre-war Rover 16, two very early VW Beetles, one wonderfully original and one with a Porsche 914 engine fitted, and several MG's, including a J2 on Saturday, and a twin cam MGA that came both days.

In spite of the showers and the wind, quite an enjoyable time and made a couple of useful contacts in the process, including the chap who owns the MGA who has invited me to join the Meirionnydd Classic Car Club ("the MCCC").

Given that there are no Austin Seven groups within striking distance of North Wales, the two nearest being based either in the Shropshire/Staffordshire area or in Cheshire, both meeting about 70 miles distant, I have this mad idea of trying to get a local group together, so I was disappointed not to have met up with the owner of the other Seven that turned up. I did find out who he is, though, so, Martin Levy, if you are a subscriber to this forum, please message me. The same goes for any other subscriber who is in the North Wales area.

A selection of photos taken over the two days in no particular order (I have no idea how to re-arrange them within the post!)

Was good to be there Tony with the Ulster rep, enjoyed an hour there before I had to look after the daughter!! Supersports looking lovely as ever, would post a pic but it keeps saying it's to big to post?
Here's one of the Ulster rep at the a47 do

A tail end Tony Betts, got to say stunning car great to see it out puts my Ulster rep to shame!!!

Another super sports view

Well done Jo,

put the word out for the next event.

The more sevens the better, it shows our cars are very useable. And promotes the austin seven.Rather than just promoting a club.

Tony
Howard

The Ulster was put together by Glyn, standing looking a bit pensive behind the Rochdale. Very smart, for show rather than competition. The Austin shares workshop space with a genuine rare beast, his SZ Alfa. I didn't get down to Bailey Park as I was  returning from other adventures. The Ruby is currently enjoying a fullish service before venturing out into the backwoods of Worcestershire on Saturday, in the Batho Trophy Nav rally. Captain Greg has yet to circulate an entry list so I don't know whose great navigational skills we'll be up against, but I guess the usual suspects will be there. Look forward to seeing other Austins at the Galton Arms on Saturday.

Steve
Hi Steve

Good luck with the rally.  My navigation skills are so bad I probably wouldn't even find the Galton Arms!

The Ulster at Abergavenny was very smart but (just a question really) how does Glyn get on with a straight front axle and flat spring?

Cheers

Howard
Howard

Finding the Galton Arms is easy, the details are in the regs. It's the subsequent few hours that are the challenge!  You may well enjoy the rather easier Tour versions, so shall I pencil in your name as an entrant for the VSCC Scatter Rally in October, I think you should be able to find your way to Presteigne.

As for the Ulster front axle, I'll ask Glyn next time I see him.

Steve