The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1932 RP Battery Box
Hi Folks, Is there anyone out there who can advise on the correct Battery Box size for the 1932 RP Austin 7.
I need to replace mine. There would appear to be 2 sizes obtainable from Oxford Sevens.  Nothing is left of the original so I have nothing to measure.  Thanks Confused
I'd suggest contacting Oxfordshire Sevens directly in the first instance, so that you can be 100% certain.
measuring the hole in the floor would be my starting point
Thanks Hedd, Yes i'll go along with that, but my concern is whether it is going to foul the chassis which seems to be more or less in line with where the box drops in
Cheers
wouldn't that become obvious when you peer down through the hole?
No it wouldn't be obvious because I don't know the depth of the box going into the hole do I.
the depth is irrelevant with respect to fouling the chassis.
Hi Smiley, bought one myself from Oxfordshire Sevens for my PD. It just fits the hole in the floor, however it came in pieces ready to drill & pop rivet together. Had it came as one piece it wouldn’thave gone thru the floor. The box is 6 1/2” x 8” x 8” deep with 1/2” lip all round. The flanges on the seat box stop it going in in one piece. Hope this info helps. 
Kevin.

7 1/2 deep & fits flush with chassis rail.
Thanks Kevin, That is useful info. I am actually waiting for a reply from Oxfordshire Sevens regarding sizes as they actually list two sizes.  The flat pack idea sounds good if it simplifies fitting.  Thanks.
Smiley.
(27-05-2019, 08:50 PM)Smiley Wrote: Thanks Kevin, That is useful info. I am actually waiting for a reply from Oxfordshire Sevens regarding sizes as they actually list two sizes.  The flat pack idea sounds good if it simplifies fitting.  Thanks.
Smiley.

Which dimensions do you need? I might be up at Oxfordshire Sevens tomorrow, so could ask for you.