The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AE Tourer and RK Saloon windscreen measurements
Has anyone got either that can give me a comparative measure?
1. vertical glass height at very edge of screen surround
2. overall width of the bottom of frame, from edge of surround to edge of surround.
Measured on what I think is an RK screen, I have 36cm and about 89cm... but I'm interested to know whether the Tourer and Saloons are essentially the same glass, with the difference in body just being the width and material of the side members. 
thanks
I think there are at least three different heights for RK saloon windscreens.
Jim
good! even better...
Can you provide me with one?! I'd like to find out what they are, and if the difference is the glass or the surround, Jim.
If you can wait till tommorrow evening ill measure my AE for you. But please, centimetres are only used by dressmakers!
any way, miles, km... whatever... no hurry.

Have one in from a single-screened Tourer abroad. 26cm/86cm (they provided the units, Hedd!) I'm assuming this might be an earlier, narrower body than either AE or RK.
I shall be over at the garage later today and can measure the screen. The wooden cross-piece below the screen differs in height with the different screens. I think the overall height doesn't change.
Jim
My RK screen is 35" wide, 15" high at the centre and 16-3/4" high at the edges.
Dimensions taken including the frame.
Jim
THanks Jim. Yes, perhaps you are right - need the height of the wooden under piece generally to make any sense. Half inch difference in your frame height from Ken's similar Fabric car with same width measurement... but no idea presently on whether that affects the roof height!
Hi Jon

This any help?  (Taken from my RK)

Howard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I can come up with a slightly different set to Jim but perhaps it is just the way we are measuring that differs Jon, Show a picture with the dimensions you want and you might get some sense out of your question. It would help if we all used HM imperial measurements then less confusion for all.
Black Art Enthusiast