The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports parts
Hi All,

I realize this is a bit of a stretch. I have the "List of Spare Parts" Publication 888, which I have been using as a source for bits for my Ulster Rep. But I am discovering that it doesn't cover sports bits, rare as they are. Is there a publication that covers the sports parts? My recent encounter with standard radius arms and genuine sports radius arms has raised this question.

Erich in Seattle
Publication no 1169.  "Austin Seven Sports Two-Seaters. List of Spare Parts Special to Seven Sports Two-Seaters to be used in conjunction with Standard Spare Parts List. "
Mine is from around March 1936.  23 pages.
Interestingly there is no reference to the sports radius arms.
https://aus7in.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/...eb65-1936/

Erich see link above.
I am not certain that an "Ulster" spare parts list was ever produced - the ones above are for the later sports model/s.
Good lord, I would have thought that with the large number of "Ulsters" that seem to have flown off the production lines, a spares list might have been a best seller!
Point taken, Steve!

For what it's worth, the list in Nick's link is the only one I've come across.

Regards

Stuart
I love the spiral bevel crown wheel and straight cut pinion for the sports axle. 
Reminds you to be careful about slavish devotion to what the Longbridge publicity department issued!

Charles
I hope you are aware that A7 Components has a list of parts appropriate to sports and special cars. This includes the special radius arm front end appropriate for flattened front spring, steering boxes for lower column angles, and stronger steering arms which I feel are an excellent 'single premium insurance' against breakage of the standard item. For those in foreign (to us) parts David Cochrane also takes payment in non-UK currency.
Robert Leigh
Thank you all. Robert, I frequently order bits from David. In my case, my steering arm is Big Seven and so far has shown no sign of cracking!

Erich in Seattle
David's revised arms are based on the Big Seven.
Robert