The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby B post picture.
Hello

Please can somebody assist with a couple of images for reference.

I'm dealing with the trick bodgery of a previous owner on my 1937 Ruby.

The area I'm working on is the nearside b-post.

As you can see from my picture the filler fairies and pop rivet renegades made an appearance.
Then as a finale the patch which was pop riveted and filled over was also welded to the side step.

So has anyone got or can take an image they'd care to share so I can rebuild this properly or if you are close to Chesterfield and have the same vehicle and would allow it, I could attend with my CAD kit and make templates.....Card Aided Design kit = cardboard, pencil and scissors.

Any help very much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Pricey
I am not to far away in Swallownest (junc 31 M1) you are welcome to come and view my 1938 Ruby if that would be any use to you, I will send you a contact No

Graham
Hello Graham

Thank you

I've replied by email on here

Cheers

Dave

Does this help?

Structural bodge tape available in yellow?

Perhaps you would be kind enough to share the CAD files? (I'll send an sae!)
Hello Nick

Now I have to be careful in my reply to you here just in case the duct tape miscreant is your good self Big Grin ....but who an earth uses duct tape as a structural repair apart from someone who is a kingpin short of an Austin 7 Huh

Of course you can have access to the CAD files. They will be available in period correct Imperial Cornflake packet or for the younger generation unable to convert, Metric Shredded Wheat packet.
I reckon that you could do a roaring trade in templates. My Ruby B posts appear to have left the car almost altogether. The other side is no quite as healthy. Mind you, the rest of the car is in pretty much the same state.

Regards,

Jamie.
Jamie

I was feeling sorry for myself until you posted that picture.

Ouch.

Dave
Suddenly pop rivets don't sound so bad!
It sounds like there's an opportunity for someone to market repair panels - say the bottom 4", or maybe 6", as an assembled unit to tack onto the remains of the original body - anyone?
(15-04-2019, 02:14 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Suddenly pop rivets don't sound so bad!

I suppose not....except that was all that supported the rear of the step Confused

(15-04-2019, 04:24 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: It sounds like there's an opportunity for someone to market repair panels - say the bottom 4", or maybe 6", as an assembled unit to tack onto the remains of the original body - anyone?

Mike,

I've emailed a cherished supplier in case one is available but no reply to date.

I have the ability to make/tack in repair panels, jigsaw style, but I don't think I could produce a reliable repair piece.

I will shout if I get a reply to my email.

Cheers

Dave

Ps. Having grown up being transported in various Lancia's my father had, I would love to see that Lancia Appia in the flesh.