The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying Austin Sevens by their Factory Initials
Note from Dave Martin: "I am having trouble getting on to the A7 Friends website to contribute to the P/PA etc chat.
I see that some people do not believe in the PL or PF body type. All I can say is that this information came from the Index Cards which are now available on the A7CA website for anyone interested to check. They have NOT been invented!! The information is from primary Longbridge sources. And to make it easy for people to access, it is all tabulated in the Production Changes book.
(copies still available for £10 from Phil Baildon, cheque to A7CA)"

Interesting about the Van lack of prefix... worth noting. What are others' experience there?

Mike, can the new revision split the RF down into the RF (1), RF (2) and RF (3) variants/ranges as per the recent Mag article, for correctness? It feels that if it can be done entirely, it won't need to be done again (unless another bucket of Longbridge records emerges from someone's shed)

Likewise, surely the PF and PL "spaces" in the redesign should be there precisely to generate more information; to keep people on their guard to something which may emerge?

It may all be dreadful rivet counting, but other than keeping cars running, assembling new ones and making new mates while talking about raffle prizes, what else IS there to talk about? Discovering original cars and pawing over primary source information is our only connection to what Austin thought constituted the Austin 7.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Identifying Austin Sevens by their Factory Initials - by JonE - 05-04-2019, 11:07 AM