The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Obtaining Austin factory vehicle data
A long time ago, I heard that it was in some instances possible to obtain factory data for a particular Austin vehicle, based on such things as chassis or engine number. I have not previously given much thought to this idea, but as my poor old Ruby is currently experiencing something of an identity crisis following a DVLA inspection, I have become rather keen on the idea of tracing its history right back to the start.

Does anyone have practical experience of what is involved, how to initiate the process, and with whom? Also, what should my expectations be?

Many thanks.
Ian - sadly the Gaydon ledger records peter out at 1931. Have you got a registration that you could trace with The Kithead Trust - their website is very good. Is it listed on the Survivors Register in any form?
Hi Jon,

Thank you for the info, although sadly not what I was hoping for! The car has an age-related number, with the original one being totally unknown as a result of the car having no number plates when it was dragged out of a barn 32 years ago. It's not listed on the Survivors Register either.
Don't worry. You're not alone.