The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bacon Slicer
Can anyone tell me what the thread is on the screws that hold the plate on the front of the bacon slicer over the gears as per the picture below. There are 5 screws, the diameter is 2BA but the thread pitch is wrong.

Many Thanks
Marcus

.jpg   Plate.JPG (Size: 19.06 KB / Downloads: 392)
Sounds like 3/16" BSW if coarse or 3/16' BSF if fine (2BA is approx 3/16" diameter).
10.24 UNC might be ok & easier to find...
Thanks Bob and David,

Someone has confirmed that the thread is 3/16BSF, all I need to do now is find some. Ruairidh's photo on the clutch spring thread shows that they have Cheese Heads.
I thought they were 2BA, at least I have a pot of brass cheese heads at work that fit and I thought they were 2BA. They are too long but I'll happily send you some if you would like, it's a large pot.
Marcus,
They are 3/16" BSF but 2 BA will do the job as there is no great strain on them They are cheese head and are fitted with washers.
And are fitted with springĀ  washers if I remember.
10-32 UNF screws might be easier to find and will directly substitute for 3/16" BSF if you're stuck.
Thanks Tom, Chris and Tony,

I tried some 2BA which I have here, but they didn't go in very far before they jammed.

2BA has a tread pitch of 0.81mm and 3/16BSF is 0.79mm pitch. I could force the 2BA in but will try and get the correct screws first.
Well, you could express 3/16" BSF as 0.79375 mm pitch, most people would say it's 32 Threads Per Inch which happens to be the same as 10-32 UNF