The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chummys with one piece screens
Are there other standard SWB tourers out there with other than two piece screens please? Wanted to explore whether there are original variants, perhaps abroad, as well as those cars which may have converted screens.
Any information you can yield?
Australian Chummies have one piece screens.
ah great. So presumably South African perhaps too. I wonder why, as potentially need for air would surely have been greater?
I think South Africa took Longbridge-built cars, unlike the majority of Australian cars which had locally-sourced bodies.
JonE -  Greetings.  The Aussie one-piece screens came in two heights and were made here.  Re the air - they open out at the bottom & the top!.    The pillars were thick, solid brass, (including the lamp bracket at the base on the early versions), and quite heavy, unlike the semi-circular, thin Longbridge ones. The swivel point was about 2/3s up each pillar and regulated by a large wing nut each side..  Cheers, Bill in Oz
(22-03-2019, 08:52 PM)JonE Wrote: ah great. So presumably South African perhaps too. I wonder why, as potentially need for air would surely have been greater?

Surely the opening screen was intended more for visibility in rain and snow?
Mosdonnet - I wrote that from Australia, remember - What rain or snow?   Seriously though, all Sevens here of that era had windscreen wipers.  Cheers,  Bill in Oz