The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Musings on Design for a Special
(13-11-2019, 09:42 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Jamie, if you are interested in the Topolino bits on eBay, don't be tempted to offer anything extra for the 'valuable logbook' - it's worthless. Not only is the documentation an old style V5, which means DVLA will probably only reissue a V5C on a non-transferable basis, but the bits don't include the engine and chassis, so the number won't be issued anyway!

Merely a fleeting fancy. I have accumulated too many Seven pieces to not stay with a Ruby-esque design.
think this is the Geoff Roe coupe..
.png   Screenshot 2020-02-07 13.46.49.png (Size: 1.38 MB / Downloads: 282)
That is indeed Geoff Roe's Coupe.  I think I contributed the new king-pin and bush set and the seats!
Couldn't help thinking this was a similar wheelbase to an Austin 7 and would make a good coupe body.
[attachment=8840]
Bugatti Type 68
There's a challenge for one of our experienced tin-bashers!
Whoooo

I think I’ve found my next project.  I’m not an experienced metal basher, more a metal frightener!  But it would make a super special on a late Ruby chassis.  

Ow!! SWMBO says I’ve got to finish the one I’m working on before thinking about the next  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard
(07-02-2020, 02:48 PM)JonE Wrote: think this is the Geoff Roe coupe..

Thank you for the picture, Jon. That is not not dissimilar to the overall idea which I have, albeit with a different style of wings.

What part of the country is it in? I was wondering whether it is likely to be at any local shows or events. I am in Aylesbury.

Regards,

Jamie.
Geoff lives in a village on the southern outskirts of Nottingham.
I believe the wings on Geoff's special are from Chris Gould's Imp Special kit.
The rear wings are from Chris Gould.  Geoff told me that the whole body was planned by mounting the rear wings temporarily and going from there!   Bit like Heath Robinson building his house and starting with the chimney pot.
The photo doesn't really do it justice.  It has a rather 'Breadvan' Ferrari appearance for those who know their motor racing history.    The sunroof is from a Fiat Topolino.  At the back there is a tailgate and the number plate is enclosed in the fairing at the rear of the roof, just visible on the photo.    The window frames were from a Mini and the ex-Ruby windscreen and scuttle were mounted to suit the rake.
Although a proud Nottingham chap, Geoff is an honorary Yorkshireman in that he likes to use bits and pieces he has lying around and doesn't part with his brass unnecessarily.  He doesn't do the internet but is an absolute mine of information and is blessed with a fantastic memory, especially for trivia.   He will be known to many Forum members for his book on Bert Hadley which is a cracking read.