The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1937 Austin Opal in Brightwell's auction
This looks to be a nice car, but why on earth has someone fitted a bench seat? That must make it very awkward to access the 'boot'.

https://www.brightwells.com/classic-moto...ium=portal

I remember bench seats. They had their uses.
Alan Fairless
Maybe it was a very big driver?

Best of luck getting anywhere with twin bucket
Seats unless ...

Bill g
Based near the Scottish Border,
(05-02-2019, 12:16 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: Maybe it was a very big driver?

Best of luck getting anywhere with twin bucket
Seats unless ...

Bill g

Didn’t John Mortimer ( Rumpole etc) say that his father, also a barrister, once came home and regaled the family with a story about a divorce case where the incriminating evidence was an Austin Seven with      upside down footprints on the inside of the windscreen.
Those were the days.

Charles
I am sure I have seen a Export Model fitted with such a seat...
(05-02-2019, 12:11 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: This looks to be a nice car, but why on earth has someone fitted a bench seat? That must make it very awkward to access the 'boot'.

https://www.brightwells.com/classic-moto...ium=portal

If you look closely you will see three hinges at the front of the base seat. That will help tilt the whole seat forward and allow access to the boot.
Export models sometimes came with bench seats . I thought strange also until I sat in it. The seat box arrangement is as for a two seat car. O believe that you can see another on the saved Pinterest pages
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(05-02-2019, 03:34 PM)Edgar Lowe Wrote: If you look closely you will see three hinges at the front of the base seat. That will help tilt the whole seat forward and allow access to the boot.

Yes, I appreciate the whole seat will tip forward, but it is a much heavier and bulkier unit than an individual seat. Interesting that some export cars had bench seats, I didn't know that.
So who spotted that they are also selling a Soviet SAM Missile in the auction as well....
(05-02-2019, 02:01 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I am sure I have seen a Export Model fitted with such a seat...

I know of two, both LHD, one in France and one in UK.
Robert Leigh