The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRAKE DRUM SKIMMING
One of the cast iron brake drums on my Seven Special needs skimming, can anyone recommend someone in the Cambridgeshire area? 
Many thanks
Paul
Cambridge Rebores in Burwell
Jim
Paul, make sure they remove the absolute minimum necessary, A7 drums are very thin to start with. You may well find they'll soon be oval again.
(05-02-2019, 11:05 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Paul, make sure they remove the absolute minimum necessary, A7 drums are very thin to start with. You may well find they'll soon be oval again.

Thanks Jim
Taking in to Burwell tomorrow, one week turnaround as they are bussy.
Not a problem as I plan to have the shoes relined with 'Green gripper' at Saftek.

Many thanks
If you skim the drums its worth considering having thicker material fitted to the shoes.
I have done this and it improves the  brakes a lot.
Andy
I might also suggest Brake and Clutch Components on the Industrial estate on Snailwell Rd, Fordam for the job. I have had them bond linings to shoes and they have always done a good job. As Andy suggests, you can get varying thickness of material to suit your shoes. My approach has always to take a backplate with the shoes mounted so the right thickness material can be selected...

hth...
The extra thickness of lining material itself won't make any difference to braking, but it may help bring the levers back to more advantageous angles.