The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
position of reverse?
I'm just stripping down my latest project and not having had an Austin 7 before was trying to figure out where reverse is on a four speed non synchro box...i was unable to select it and didn't want to force the gear lever.
(03-02-2019, 09:21 PM)Fatboytweed Wrote: I'm just stripping down my latest project and not having had an Austin 7 before was trying to figure out where reverse is on a four speed non synchro box...i was unable to select it and didn't want to force the gear lever.
Hi,

You should be lift lever move to the right then backwards beside 4th gear.
Try it with handbrake off and rock the car back and forwards then find reverse. ( engine off ) you should be able to do this with the drivers door open so you can rock the car back and forwards.
Have a practice like this before you start to drive the car.
Using the gear lever:

Pull it upwards - it says "Lift" if you have the chromed half-sphere plate at the base of the stick, but its more of a pull up and back as if you are trying to touch your shoulder with the
 gear lever knob - then move the lever across to the right and then back.   As far away from first gear as you can get, in effect.

Simon
thank you.