The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP wiring
I've started a complete re-wire of my RP saloon. 

Given the price of armoured cable my bank balance would be relieved if I didn't over order!

Does anybody have a schedule of the various cables and their lengths needed?

Thanks in anticipation
When did they change over to simpler/cheaper loom? Was it at the end of the RP run... or during it?
i.e do you know your existing layout is original.
(30-01-2019, 04:25 PM)JonE Wrote: When did they change over to simpler/cheaper loom? Was it at the end of the RP run... or during it?
i.e do you know your existing layout is original.

Hello Jon, this topic has been addressed before and the evidence supports the loom being introduced with the Ruby models in 1934.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
I would suggest that it is well worth running in a temporary installation in something cheap to identify cable routes and groupings etc. before ordering anything expensive. I had the wiring for the cup model in and out a number of times before committing to the real thing.

I wish that I had spent more time getting the wiring on the saloon right as adding wires later for this and that makes a real mess.

Peter
For my Cup I made up 3 looms using modern wires inside heat-shrink sleeving, and only used armoured cable for very visible under the bonnet wiring, such as to the dynamo and ignition.
Like you I was surprised how expensive the armoured cabling can be. I think I spent
about £150 on cabling and about £75 on connectors and junction boxes.
Admittedly I’ve fitted flashers and dipping headlamps etc...

I decided to break it all up into sub looms linked with Bakelite connector boxes
Nearly all visible wiring is armoured, a few cable runs are sheathed with expandable
black nylon mesh sheathing, eg front side lamps etc.

I also used 7 wire trailer cable to link the rear lamps to the under dash
Junction box.

Your RP saloon perhaps needs different methods but some of
The ideas I’ve used might be useful

Regards

Bill  G

Based near the Scottish Border,