The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping to US
Hi all
I have started to get strange interest in supplying Japanese martial arts weapons through my blacksmithing. 

The latest request is from the US. I a struggling to find a suitable courier, so thought I would ask here for those suppliers who must have to ship relatively heavy odd boxes to the US.

So any thoughts/advice on couriers you have found reliable and reasonably priced would be much appreciated.

cheers

Andy 
Current location: enjoying the heat and wind of South Africa
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Heads will roll !
Have a word with Mark Cowley at Kingstown Shipping in Hull; I've had excellent service from them shipping cars from USA and Italy to the UK, and from the UK to Japan. I'm sure they can help in your situation.

mark.cowley@kingstownshipping.co.uk
Whilst we are on the subject of shipping:

Has anyone got a contact for shipping cars back from Japan to here?

Probably three in a 40' container.

Simon
Thanks Mike
I think my bits are going to be more of an engine block weight and perhaps £200-£300 value, beyond Royal Mail international etc but hopefully not beyond the more mainstream couriers, (TNT, DHL etc). I was hoping someone might have found a way to reliably ship the odd block or, length wise, a rear axle or springs.

thanks
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(27-01-2019, 05:55 PM)Slack Alice Wrote: Whilst we are on the subject of shipping:

Simon

Simon, are you talking about UK-registered cars?
(27-01-2019, 05:58 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Thanks Mike
I think my bits are going to be more of an engine block weight and perhaps £200-£300 value, beyond Royal Mail international etc but hopefully not beyond the more mainstream couriers, (TNT, DHL etc). I was hoping someone might have found a way to reliably ship the odd block or, length wise, a rear axle or springs.

thanks
Andy

You could try one of the company's that re-import MG,s from Japan, my RV8 was re-imported .
(27-01-2019, 05:55 PM)Slack Alice Wrote: Whilst we are on the subject of shipping:

Simon

Simon,

Have you considered contacting the (many) second hand Japanese car importers that exist around the U.K? We visited one near Edinburgh when looking to buy a Previa a few years back. Because cars older than, I think, 5 years old are not allowed in Japan, there is a fairly healthy import market...
Thanks Ruairidh, I will look further - I contacted one, who said it was difficult, and have heard no more.

This is, as you may have guessed, to bring three Austins  (registered in the UK)  back from Japan, having driven there from here for the Ruby World Cup. 

Simon
Have you spoken to Vince Leek and Jack Peppiatt? Both have really valuable and recent experience of shipping cars across the world.

Still genuinely keen to hear more details of your departure dates, planned route, participants (cars and people) and prep for the adventure, if you are willing to share...