The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote gear change
Does anyone know where I could purchase a remote gear change for a 4 speed gearbox, many people list them but they are always out of stock.
Cheers

Mark
I have one ELTOS 4 speed remote on the shelf. Price £475.00

The castings are in for the next batch, sould be ready around March.

tony.7ca@aol.co.uk

Due to picking up frogeye sprites Thursday and Friday??? The phone will be off monday.

Thanks Tony.
I'm also looking for a remote gear change for a 4-speed box. Have you got one in stock?
Cheers
Rich
Rich, that’s what Tony’s saying, he has one in stock
On your marks !
You could look at the Cambridge Engineering solution which uses a four speed gearbox top mounted on the transmission tunnel at the remote location, near your hip. That gives you forward gears without problem. Reverse is achieved by a small bridge halfway between remote and gearbox — by pushing the remote gear lever down you get a lift at the gearbox.
I made my own version of this, and it works very satisfactorily, and mine is only fixed to the gearbox eliminating any lost motion by movement of the lever ball in relation to the gearbox as the engine moves on the chassis. I'll try to post a picture later but I am not good at this.
Robert Leigh
It's a well-known fact that Robert's car only has one gear: forward and fast!
        The pictures show my home made remote gear change. It is fixed rigidly to the gearbox with its three point mounting, using longer than standard bolts, and the lever end is entirely clear of the tunnel, so that the whole change mechanism moves with the rubber mounted engine. Gear selection uses the standard gate, and only differs in that the lever is pushed down for selecting reverse, with a nylon rocker block halfway along the stainless steel tunnel.
Robert Leigh
Or you can use David Lowe's basic 4 speed gearbox remote- 

http://www.austin7club.org/How%20To%2012.htm

Tony.