The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1505 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1505 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1510 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1510 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1591 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1591 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven Facebook
I have a short video clip from the early 1930s filmed by my grandfather of the family climbing out of his 1927 saloon which I was going to post on the austinsevenfriends facebook site, but there doesn't appear to be much activity so unlikely to be shared. I also looked at the Austin Seven Clubs Association facebook site, and although there are more recent postings it does not appear to be used very much. Is there another site/group favoured by Austin 7 owners I have yet to discover, or is facebook outdated or no longer approved of?

It's difficult to keep pace with this digital world and I'm only ten (not true, except for IQ).
This forum is pretty popular Mick and we'd love to see your clip!

My personal impression is that people are drifting away from facebook.
Sounds like it might be an ideal snippet to add to the Association Archive site.
The attachment process won't accept the video file I'm afraid. Things may get complicated...
(26-01-2019, 04:03 PM)Mick Hanna Wrote: The attachment process won't accept the video file I'm afraid. Things may get complicated...

To answer the original question just in case you'd like to know-Yes, there is another Facebook A7 group which is pretty well used. Two, in fact. The most used one is "Austin seven" (specifically without a capital letter on the "seven") which should come up pretty quickly in a search. It's a good group, lots of stuff comes up there, it's got over 2000 members.
The other one is "Austin Seven specials/sports/racers" which also sees a fair amount of activity, though nothing like the first group I mentioned.
Hello Mick,
To post the video on here you would need to upload it to a video sharing site. This includes facebook, if you already have that it may be easier than opening an account on youtube or vimeo or another if you don't have one. From there I can give instructions for embedding it, or just post a link and I can embed it for you.
(26-01-2019, 04:14 PM)Dave Prior Wrote:
(26-01-2019, 04:03 PM)Mick Hanna Wrote: The attachment process won't accept the video file I'm afraid. Things may get complicated...

To answer the original question just in case you'd like to know-Yes, there is another Facebook A7 group which is pretty well used. Two, in fact. The most used one is "Austin seven" (specifically without a capital letter on the "seven") which should come up pretty quickly in a search. It's a good group, lots of stuff comes up there, it's got over 2000 members.
The other one is "Austin Seven specials/sports/racers" which also sees a fair amount of activity, though nothing like the first group I mentioned.

Thanks Dave. I've found the site and asked to join.

(26-01-2019, 04:41 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Hello Mick,
To post the video on here you would need to upload it to a video sharing site. This includes facebook, if you already have that it may be easier than opening an account on youtube or vimeo or another if you don't have one. From there I can give instructions for embedding it, or just post a link and I can embed it for you.

Timothy, I do have a Facebook page, but I might wait to hear back from the Austin seven group on Facebook and post the snippet there as I have a vague notion of how to do that. Of course, it could be added here later. Thanks for the offer of help. Mention of posting links is already beyond my competence. I need to retreat to a darkened room for a while.

Timothy, I do have a Facebook page, but I might wait to hear back from the Austin seven group on Facebook and post the snippet there as I have a vague notion of how to do that. Of course, it could be added here later. Thanks for the offer of help. Mention of posting links is already beyond my competence. I need to retreat to a darkened room for a while.

(26-01-2019, 04:14 PM)Dave Prior Wrote:

Thanks Dave. I've found the site and asked to join.
Snippet now posted on the Austin seven Facebook site - blink and you'll miss it.
Here you are Mick...

so how many people get out of the car in all? I was wondering if they were walking round the other side and getting back in.

Pity we have no plate to help identify if its still around...