The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 HAND CONTROL TUBES
I recently acquired a pair of control tubes, as the inner one on the column from The Thing from the Cesspit (1933 RP) is broken. 

Having cleaned them up, I then realised that replacements are both shorter - outer tube 29 3/4" against 32 3/4" - and a smaller diameter - 1/2" against 9/16" - than the 1933 item.

Can anyone confirm whether the replacements are from an earlier A7? If they are, I'd be happy to swap or p/x them for a later set.

My next problem is to extract the tube from the steering box - it feels like it's been welded in!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

off a chummy with a dished wheel Martin.
If you struggle to get them martin,

I have some thin wall tubing here, I often have to swap them over for Ulster builders.

Tony.
(20-01-2019, 08:28 PM)Martin Prior Wrote: I recently acquired a pair of control tubes, as the inner one on the column from The Thing from the Cesspit (1933 RP) is broken. 

Having cleaned them up, I then realised that replacements are both shorter - outer tube 29 3/4" against 32 3/4" - and a smaller diameter - 1/2" against 9/16" - than the 1933 item.

Can anyone confirm whether the replacements are from an earlier A7? If they are, I'd be happy to swap or p/x them for a later set.

My next problem is to extract the tube from the steering box - it feels like it's been welded in!

Martin,

The Control Bracket (fixed) tube appears to extend through the brass socket ?

Tony P.