The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valve Data
Can someone please point me in the direction of an online chart for valve specifications?
  I need to know head diameter, stem diameter and overall length.
(15-01-2019, 09:53 PM)Robert Foreman Wrote: Can someone please point me in the direction of an online chart for valve specifications?
  I need to know head diameter, stem diameter and overall length.

Not an online source but try this

c
Thanks Charles ,
  but I'm seeking wider information on valves. Non Austin ones that could be of use for a special application.
(15-01-2019, 11:13 PM)Robert Foreman Wrote: Thanks Charles ,
  but I'm seeking wider information on valves. Non Austin ones that could be of use for a special application.

Ah. In which case try here:
https://www.enginepartsuk.net/catalogues

I find a printed one is easier to browse

C
I dunno what the racers use but the larger and sportier versions of the BMC A engine seem likely. Presumably a variety is available for hot Minis. Our libraries carried comprehensiev workshop manuals until recently. Maybe some do in UK.
I presume in the old Tranco list material 2 is obsolete XB although I suspect original valves were something lesser still.
Curious to know what currrent valves are. Presumably "modern" non magnetic.
Robert, are you wanting to know what can be made to fit an Austin Seven? Or heading in a different direction entirely?
Try m gsvalves.co.uk part of race engines components.
They have lists of valves and specification, I found them when looking for valves for my Wolseley hornet special
Ian
Hillman Imp mark 2 inlet valves 31mm head dia: is about as large as you can fit and the angle for the collets has to be altered for A7 valve spring caps and collets, the valve stems are slightly longer so the valve spring needs a thick washer under it. Terry.
Or Ford Zetec exhaust if you want a thinner stem.

Charles
Thanks to all so far. 
 I have used Hillman Imp valves and caps before, but this time I'm looking for a longer stemmed valve to fit into Seven engine  Overall length around 4".