The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamator or overhaul existing dynamo?
(06-01-2019, 07:54 PM)Darren D Wrote: My question is do I send the existing dynamo off for overhaul or install one of the more modern 6 volt  dynamators from Accuspark? 

Both a properly restored dynamo and the Dynamator work perfectly well in my experience Darren, so I would suggest that the choice is yours.

I also use, and recommend, Vince Leek to restore dynamos - excellent service.

I fitted 6v LED bulbs all round on my Chummy, the total cost was eye-watering (considerably more than a proper dynamo rebuild and a Dynamator purchase) but they do work well.

The rest of my Sevens have incandescent bulbs and when using the one fitted with the Dynamator at night I do notice that full beam is good, and sustained, whereas the dynamo cars are not as good on the exact same bulbs and reflectors. Another thing I like about the Dynamator is that once the battery is fully charged (after about 15mins of driving, sometimes less) it switches itself off and remains like that until extra current is required, consequently the battery is never over-charged. Also, the cut-out becomes redundant - which may appeal to those with a faulty one I guess.

I like dynamos and I also like Dynamators but I won't be rushing out to needlessly replace my dynamos with Dynamator, for the sake of it, but will consider it a practical solution, if required, in the future.

In short, whatever you choose, will work - good luck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dynamator or overhaul existing dynamo? - by Ruairidh Dunford - 07-01-2019, 06:44 PM