The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North West England Restoration Services
Dave,

I think your first move needs to be to get someone local with A7 experience to assess what you have. From your photos it is quite possible that some major components will not need any great amount of work; the chassis looks to be in fine order apart from the tail end of the rear extension (which you may not need if you are building a special, anyway) and will respond to a wire brush and a lick of paint. The road springs may be ok, but new replacements are readily available, the back axle and gearbox may also just need a good clean, the front axle needs assessing for kingpin wear (if needed I believe Ian Dunford can help you there), brakes are a simple assembly overhaul, which just leaves the engine ...

Over the years I have rebuilt numerous engines, but I must admit these days I would be inclined to pay someone like Ian Bancroft to do a full overhaul - it will cost a lot of money, but if you are not confident in your own ability, it will be money well-spent. Then all you have to do is re-assemble all the bits!

Messages In This Thread
RE: North West England Restoration Services - by Mike Costigan - 05-01-2019, 09:41 AM