The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cylinder Head Gasket Replacement? ?
(02-11-2018, 05:14 PM)Paul t Wrote: 1937 Ruby Saloon ARR: 
Following a radiator refurb & replacement of  side branch studs / gasket I added antifreeze & checked for leaks.
All appeared to be in order. However after a few days I found the sump was filling up. The antifreeze had presumeably found a low spot between the cylinder head / block / gasket where before no such problem had been experienced. 
I am yet to remove the head. 
As there was no leak prior to the introduction of the antifreeze will I get away with just replacing the gasket?  Huh
When replacing the gasket is a jointing compound required? I have been advised that greasing the gasket is an option which helps with future separation of the gasket from the head /block . 
Some advice on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Before you remove the cylinder head, check there is no water leaking from the side manifold or bottom hose into the dip stick hole. It has happened before.

Messages In This Thread
Cylinder Head Gasket Replacement? ? - by Paul t - 02-11-2018, 05:14 PM
RE: Cylinder Head Gasket Replacement? ? - by john williams - 02-11-2018, 10:43 PM
RE: Cylinder Head Gasket Replacement? ? - by JonE - 15-01-2019, 08:36 PM