The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1928 TT
Does anyone have any photographs or information about the supersports that took part  in the 1928 Irish TT?
Evening Robert,

Not sure about the 1928 Irish TT but there was a Supersports in the 1929 Irish GP.

Driven by Charles Goodacre & Gunnar Poppe.

Photos here:
http://austinharris.co.uk/search/Irish%2..._all%3A192
Thanks Austin for the link. J. D. Barnes took part in the 1928 TT with a supersports, that's what I'm researching at the moment .
About 10 years ago, I visited a museum dedicated to the life and work of Harry Ferguson of Tractor and FFD (Ferguson Formula Development) 4-Wheel Drive Car Fame on the Isle of Wight.  To my surprise, there were some photos of Harry and other famous drivers around an A7 super-sports and the curator, from memory called John Tarr in his late eighties, allowed me take some photos of these pictures (not normally permitted). Sadly, I don't think the museum is still open but I can post some of my (not very good!) photos if they are of any relevance or use.

Apparently the museum is open by appointment only to enthusiasts and clubs by prior arrangement and based at Harry Ferguson Farms Ltd, Kings Manor, Freshwater, Isle of Wight.

http://www.ferguson-museum.co.uk

.png   Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 10.23.13.png (Size: 30.96 KB / Downloads: 620)
He's mentioned in the Motorsport article here.

And another small mention here.

Harry Ferguson used to run the garage in Belfast that Austin used as the base for TTs & GPs as he was the main distributor for Austins in Northern Ireland.
Robert, here is a link to a British Pathe film on the '28 Ulster TT. Several shots of a Super Sports.

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/VLVAF...IST+TROPHY

Erich in Seattle
(30-10-2018, 10:58 AM)James Anderson Wrote: About 10 years ago, I visited a museum dedicated to the life and work of Harry Ferguson of Tractor and FFD (Ferguson Formula Development) 4-Wheel Drive Car Fame on the Isle of Wight.  To my surprise, there were some photos of Harry and other famous drivers around an A7 super-sports and the curator, from memory called John Tarr in his late eighties, allowed me take some photos of these pictures (not normally permitted). Sadly, I don't think the museum is still open but I can post some of my (not very good!) photos if they are of any relevance or use.

Thanks to Jeff Taylor's entry and link I can correct my error above, the curator is Peter Warr and I found the photos I referred to, they were taken in 2010 and are okay except for the reflection from overhead fluorescent lights. I queried the shuttered windows (as it was a bright day) and was told 'it was to prevent people sneaking up and taking photos!'. The Yarmouth Ferry is the closest port as it avoids most of the traffic on the busy and often congested IOW.
Here are some stills from that British Pathe film:

And this picture of Sir Harry Ferguson in a Supersports surfaced a few years ago too, Robert...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)