The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days?
Hi Ruairdhn
We almost managed to meet up in Glasgow but better luck next time.
I am 70 and still getting used to it.
I used to go to a local car club but working 12 hour ( and sometimes 24 hour) days made it difficult
Now retired I am reluctant to travel long distances at night  although I usually meet at a local social club weekly
Ideally Iwould rather meet during the day although that would not suit people who are not retired .
I find that the A 7 forum supplies a lot of my information ( and sometimes entertainment) and is a lot more approachable than other clubs related to my other vehicles .
when I first played with A7’s at 16 there was basically no info available. My present Ruby I have had for 30 years and when I rebuilt the engine still difficult to get info. Work got in the way and it should almost be back on the road once I fine! Tune the brakes.
Rubyman ( Graham) I will be at the NEC on the Friday and  I would like to meet up especially someone with engineering get experience either there or in sheffield or Doncaster please contact me if you wish to do so ( I am not an an Engineer although my son is)
Mike Costigan. - I go to Fosters about once a week ( they make good scones) and I have “ met”. Any of the Austin’s there
Sorry the reply got a little long
Ian
( sunny Donny)
(11-02-2018, 07:44 PM)Mgibson Wrote: The backplates you show are similar to the ones I have but I see the recess is deeper which would give the drum and stud clearances I need. I hope that 6 enthusiasts can pre order the aluminium sets from Tony  , if not by end of year I will maybe modify mine.

with reference to  mike costigigan I usually go to  Fosters at least once a week ( they do good scones)  and have “ met “ the Austin’s before please be

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days? - by Viteran - 27-10-2018, 10:33 PM