The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days?
52, living in Inverness.

In an ideal world local monthly meetings in a pub offering a variety of social events, talks, treasure hunts, picnics and the odd visit to another club member's house /garage /workshop. (Realistically I'd have to move town for most of this to happen).

Also important are the odd static rally, day trip, weekend away, good magazine or e-newsletter (Scottish A7C provide all this very well).

Most important are friendly, welcoming, encouraging members who are prepared to include my family in all the activities (Scottish A7C are excellent in this regard). Cliques are a big turn-off as I have found with another classic car club.

My first experience of a club was the 750 North Herts centre where, as an 11 year-old I was warmly welcomed and invited - along with my parents - to some fantastic events. In my teenage years members gave me tools, taught me skills and included me in the organisation of events even though I was clueless!. It made me feel as though I belonged.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days? - by Peter Naulls - 27-10-2018, 09:38 PM