The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is an alien for you!
There is a strange shaped being on Classic Trader, for those who like to identify such things!

Under "Austin 7"

Simon
A Chummy on steroids!

Peter.
What a weird and wonderful thing! There obviously really is a 1927 Chummy hiding in there!

https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/cars/l...927/132967
It has a boot! I can see possibilities, I have growing family...
so those wheels appear to be three stud - is that standard underneath? and if so, what ARE the wheels from?
A number of other strange Spanish A7 hybrids, probably assembled just after WW2 and using whatever parts were available, have surfaced in the last few years and this looks very much out of the same mould. The wheels seem to be a common theme.

There usually seems to be a slightly improbable back story, often involving the word "prototype"!

Whatever its origins, I think that this is a lovely, mad, quirky little car. I very much hope that it's left exactly as it is.
(24-10-2018, 08:19 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: It has a boot!  I can see possibilities, I have growing family...

Come on R,

Not even you can get the kids to travel in the boot.

I do like the deep dish wheel, and switch panel though.

You never know, perhaps aliens collect austin 7s as well.

Maybe I'll take a look at it on my next road trip.

Tony.
Big Grin
I like the overall impression it gives, and the leather interior.

Colin
My initial reaction was one of horror, but actually I think I agree with Martin: that should be preserved as it is.The dealer is in Germany, so this presumably reflects how cars were kept going behind the Iron Curtain. It certainly looks to be based on a 1927 car, although the quoted identity is mid-1931!