The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Type 65 / Nippy Carburettor Settings
I am playing with the jets on the Zenith 30VE1 (VEI?) on my 1934 Type 65. A friend has leant me a bag of used jets, but these are of unknown spec due to wear. Chris Gould's guide quotes the settings as Main 95 and Compensating jet 40 (or 85 and 55 post March '35).
Please could people share what set up they have settled on for their 30VE1s?
Wish I had one Colin, not easy to come by.
Have you checked the related section on the Nippy site? There's quite a bit of useful info collated there.

Just google 'Nippy carburettor' and you should find it.
https://aus7in.wordpress.com/2016/07/19/...burettors/

If anyone can add anything re. Martin Baker's "22" choke notes, I'd like to add what they were from! (seemingly not standard Nippy or Speedy, unless choke tubes altered perhaps?)
Thanks Jon! Pasting links is a bit beyond my skills with this mobile thing.
Thanks for the responses. I should have mentioned Jon's excellent resource in my first post. You pays yer money and takes yer choice! I think having a selection of jets and continuing the trial and error is probably the way to go.
In any case Colin the optimal setting depends on your car and what you want from it - therefore a certain amount of trial and error is needed.
Hi,
If you can find a copy of the Special builders guide 750 MC there is an article by John Moon with all the combinations he tried on his Nippy.
I have got it somewhere ( The only problem is that I have lost Somewhere )

Ps I have been looking for a 30 VEI for my type 65 for the past twenty years.
I have got a few bits including the plate with 30 VEI on it.

Cheers Dickie
(24-10-2018, 08:02 PM)dickie65 Wrote: Hi,
If you can find a copy of the Special builders guide 750 MC there is an article by John Moon with all the combinations he tried on his Nippy.
I have got it somewhere ( The only problem is that I have lost Somewhere )

Ps  I have been looking for a 30 VEI for my type 65 for the past twenty years.
I have got a few bits including the plate with 30 VEI on it.

Cheers Dickie

Dickie, the article is reproduced on the Nippy register site mentioned above.
Some claim that jets do not wear, but reamed ones can be a puzzle. Can be approximately checked using the taper of a safety pin, noting that bores not parallel.
        Any help?