The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roof racks.
Hi All, I am thinking of a roof rack for my 33 rp box, does anyone have one they would like to sell ?, or pictures \ plans \ ideas for making one, would need to be quite light, also looking for a vintage taxi sign \ meter \ what ever.
               Thank you Dai, in a very wet Argyll.
My parents used a heavy steel 1950s roof-rack on their Ruby to carry suitcases when holidaying in Cornwall. It sat on rubber feet and was secured by a hook each side under the aluminium gutter. It seems miraculous now that the gutters didn't pull free, particularly when I look at the tiny (and loose) woodscrews that held them!

Something more secure would be advised!

Peter, in an equally wet Inverness.
Still looking , Thank you Peter for input. Dai.
(27-10-2018, 06:14 PM)dai Wrote: Still looking , Thank you Peter for input. Dai.

Without wanting to sound like a broken record, since you're still looking I agree with Peter. Any attachment points (especially if the woodwork hasn't been replaced) are unlikely to be up to much strain.
Hi
You reminded me of something Ihad seen, if you google inflatable roof racks you get several replies
Argos appear to do one about £ 30 ish and appears to locate by running straps thro windows/ doors which 
Would be as strong as your roof!
Ian
When I bought a wardrobe from a bloke via Ebay.

I just put the mattresses from the caravan on the roof of my car. Put the wardrobe on top, and held it on with a ratchet strap through the window apertures which I wound down. Job done
Fantastic idea Hedd... A wardrobe tied down with ratchet straps on the roof of an RP... You could claim it was the inspiration for the first top-'box'
(29-10-2018, 12:02 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: Fantastic idea Hedd... A wardrobe tied down with ratchet straps on the roof of an RP... You could claim it was the inspiration for the first top-'box'

Not great in rain or snow.....!
(29-10-2018, 03:00 PM)David.H Wrote:
(29-10-2018, 12:02 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: Fantastic idea Hedd... A wardrobe tied down with ratchet straps on the roof of an RP... You could claim it was the inspiration for the first top-'box'

only because the wardrobe gets wet. 

You can wind the window back up you know!
(29-10-2018, 04:14 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote:
(29-10-2018, 03:00 PM)David.H Wrote:

only because the wardrobe gets wet. 

You can wind the window back up you know!

And air your clothes... Big Grin