The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
All Alloy Cup progress
Good to hear from you, Bill.

The Cup must be the ideal car to enjoy the glorious scenery in your part of the world.
So it’s decided!Ill fire up the TR3A as it’s the 2nd Sunday in the Month for the Borders Vintage Automobile Club breakfast meet at Milestone  Garden Centre near Melrose.
The TR3A only needs the battery charged and the hardtop is onfor winter motoring. So should meet up with Jim and Neil who will be there with their Austin7’s? suitably encouraged I shall return and fit the newly plated door catches and the GE tread plates on the Cup that Ruairidh kindly donated a while back.
Planning to take John , a guy that I met a couple of weeks ago… he lives in my village and it turns out is a WRC Rally driver having driven in the Acropolis Rally about 8 times!!!

He has a dead Citroen Light Fifteen that he wants to sell. ( too big a project for me)

All the best and keep motoring while the salt is off the roads.

Regards
Bill
Aka AllAlloyCup
Scottish Borders
Based near the Scottish Border,
Great news - please say hi to Jim and also to Neil - we were able to meet up at the Centenary!
Always wanted a Light Fifteen...shades of Patrick Cargill as the Gestapo officer in "The Long Way Home"...anyone else remember that?
(07-02-2023, 07:48 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Always wanted a Light Fifteen...shades of Patrick Cargill as the Gestapo officer in "The Long Way Home"...anyone else remember that?

Ohhh

The Maigret car!  One of the first successful front wheel drives AND made in the UK I think?

Howard
Yep, the Traction Avant was built at the Citroen factory in Slough (not exclusively though!) I believe Citroen Slough closed in the mid sixties.
Here's mine on the 2019 Yorkshire Experience. My partner was on bride delivery duties for her nieces wedding in York on the Saturday ., so we had our RP there as well, bracketed here by Charles Levien's Pearl at out lodging near Pately bridge. 1950, Slough built with factory sunshine roof

Hi Bill,

Good to see you back on the forum.

Is your friend John familiar with a company called 'Traction Repairs' in Morpeth, Northumberland - they may be able to offer advice on selling his car / have buyers looking for one. I was only made aware of this company recently. They have an interesting website - link below:

http://www.tractionrepairs.uk

Jeff.
Nice work but all dated 2017?
There is a TA club in the UK which has a spares scheme I believe. They deal with all the 15s and have many other Citroen owner members and strong links to the other side of la Manche.

https://www.bing.com/search?search=Submi...acc=0&ghpl=