The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Is it ok to build a special on a naked chassis?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, for sure... keep at least parts of the seven rolling.
100.00%
12 100.00%
How dare you... thats a slap in the face for Herbert...
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction of a new member
Smile 
Hello you guys wherever you are.
Just wanted to introduce me to the community. I hope you excuse my poor english, didn´t pay enough attention back in the days in school.
I´m Rob from Cologne, Germany. 
Reason for joining this nice and interesting board is an upcoming restoration/recreation/individual styled project of 2 or 3 Austin sevens...
As I´m "only" 33years of age, working on the projects with a friend who is also in his 30ies, I´m sure there is a big lack of knowledge to the experienced guys here. But we´ll do our very best. 
Having some expierience in building an Austin 12/4 "special" and for 6 years a participant of the IAJ in Beaulieu we now want to give the sevens a try.
We started up with a lot of pictures and spare pars list to get some background knowledge in the different types of axles/engines/steering/brakes/diffs and so on and on and on.

Looking forward to post here a thread where the progress can be seen. As I´m working as a cartwright/coachbuilder among my job as carpenter, I can assure everybody that for our projects no bodyshells have been cut off or damaged as there have been no bodyshells with our parts. Smile

In the next days I´ll add mor pictures to let you know what we´re going for. There are also some questions we have, unsure about some types of chassis we have. Quick question up front: The traverse in direction of movement with the big holes in it, i assume on the rhd-chassis they´re mounted off centre to the right. is it right that the lhd models have this traverse mirrored on the other side?

This is what we did with the Austin 12/4. Actually it is now already coverd in fabric, except for the alloy pieces, painted in blue and the bonnet in alloy.

I hope to hear of you guys when questions occur and also if someone brings his seven to the continent, stop by in cologne and we´ll have a nice beer.

So long, 
cheers 
Rob
Welcome to the forum. Don’t be frightened to ask , there are varying skill levels on the forum so read replies and consider wisely.
Was in Cologne in May with my Austin seven.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(10-09-2018, 09:03 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Welcome to the forum. Don’t be frightened to ask , there are varying skill levels on the forum so read replies and consider wisely.
Was in   Cologne in May with my Austin seven.

Thanks Derek, or Mr. Sheldon
unsure how you do that here in the board Smile

I hope you also made it to the Rosengart museum slightly outside of cologne. On the weekends when sun is shining you can have a wonderful strawberrycake there on the terace. And the "Iguess" owner Mr Bonk gives wonderfull tours through his collection.

Cheers
Rob